Pages

Crazy WRITER Life!


My life has been CRAZY!! I mean CRAZY CRAZY! You know that my amazing wonderful husband just refinished my kitchen and my office!

Seriously! They are gorgeous!






Anyways....my husband had an awakening (due to a few decisions we have been making lately) that life is too short NOT to enjoy what you have and what we don't have is a pool and the five sport carpools that we are in. . .shew!
Okay. . .he had me at the five sport carpools that I DRIVE! Man, wouldn't it be nice not to be in my car all the time and be able to use that amazing new office he did for me?

I smiled because we just don't have room in our back yard for a pool, but still the dream of not being in the car all the time was very appealing. Looooong story short. . .my husband and I found a house! A house that is a couple streets away from my guys school, which means no carpools, AND a . . .


WOW! So we put a full price offer on the house and got it! Then. . .two mortgages?? UH! Wait. . .someone wants to buy my house on the first day it went up for sale! And then another, and another! 

But today, I get to sit in my new office in my old house and write! My guys are home for a snow day, and I get the warm fuzzies listening to them in the house and looking out my windows at the beautiful snow falling while enjoying one of my last writing days in my new office.

BUT. . .the new house has an office that I will create to feed my muse just like I did here!

What about you? Have you ever gotten a wild hair and done something crazy? 

One comment will win an ebook copy of my newest novel, STRUNG OUT TO DIE!

**BONUS BEADED BRACELET PATTERN IN THE BOOK**

Holly Harper's life is finally getting back on the right track after her divorce from "what's his name." She and a group of divorcees have formed a strong bond plotting creative ways to get back at their exes and created a self-help group known as The Divorced Divas where their meetings are held in Holly's bead store, The Beaded Dragonfly.

It’s no secret that Holly’s ex husband, Sean Harper, and the wealthiest bachelor in Swanee, Doug Sloan, don’t get along because Sean is constantly fixing all of Doug’s shoddy handy man work. Plus all the Divas would love to get their claws in some of Doug’s money.

When Doug ends up dead on the floor of The Beaded Dragonfly with a string of cat eye beads around his neck, it’s up to Holly to figure out whose framing her.


Congratulations to Kim Reisdorf! You won the ebook copy of my latest Small Town Romance Short Story, THE DARE ME DATE! Just in time for Valentine's Day!! 

14 comments:

  1. The only thing I've ever done that was vcrazy was dye my hair orange. I looked like Cookie the clown from the Bozo show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When us the big move? I am sure the packing will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We will be moving in March! I can't wait!!! I'm getting all new stuff so there isn't much to move :)

      Delete
  3. On a whim, after a steamy week in Orlando, I had my husband drop me off at the hair salon on the way back from the airport (yes, literally on the way back to home after a week away) and cut off 14 inches of hair to donate to Locks of Love.

    I think that definitely qualifies for "wild hair." :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG! Aimee!! WOW! I love that you donated your hair, BUT I would not get my hair cut by someone I didn't know...wow!!

      Delete
    2. OH GOD NO! I knew the hairstylist. She'd been cutting my hair for years! She had a free spot when I came in and loved the idea of donating it.

      Delete
  4. PS I have this book I just wanted to comment

    ReplyDelete
  5. At 21 years old and no experience working with children my husband asked me why don't I apply for a job at the Child Development Center. My first day there changed my life. I knew I had found my calling in life. I eventually went to school and got my CDA credential and still work with preschool age children to this day. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Jean!! I was a director of a private daycare! I would have hired you in a minute!!! No wonder we get along so well :)

      Delete
  6. I had to quit my job after a particularly bad bout with Crohn's ...so hard to give that up with 16 years in. But I had to take care of my health : now I volunteer for Crohn's & Colitis Foundation take steps walk /Louisville as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how things are meant to be! I bet your calling was to work at the foundation :) BUT I hope your health is okay and in check. Please keep me informed!

      Delete
  7. I have worked in the medical field since I started working. I wanted a change so I went back to school and got my accounting/business degree, finished last year 6 months before my oldest daughter graduated high school.

    ReplyDelete

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...