Pages

Reader Monday: Kindle Helped Find New Authors!

I'm so excited to have Street Team member and friend, Sue Lopp on my blog for READER MONDAY! I am amazed at how owning a Kindle has changed reader's buying and reading habits. 

I love to read.  As long as i can remember books have always been a part of my life. I am an only child and  I can remember spending summers with Trixie Beldon... Nancy Drew ( who i wished i was. I always wanted a best friend named , George ).. Encyclopedia Brown. Those were some of the best summers ever.. wondering what adventure i was going to go on next.   As I got older that didn't change I always had a book with me, never knew if you were going to be stopped by a loooong train or stuck in a traffic jam..I was ready...

Some people cannot wait until Friday  to get here, not me Tuesdays were my favorite day.  NEW RELEASE DAY. I would be at Costco or Sams club to get my hands on the new releases especially the hard backs. I was particular which books I purchased in hardback I bought. ( I have collection of some of my favorite authors books in hardback  they look nice on my bookshelves  ). I had my list for the month. Then I would head over to Barnes and Noble and check out all the new paperbacks, leaving there with an arm load..  then all then all things changed. I bought my first Kindle.=. I WAS IN BOOK HEAVEN. One click here and one click there and as of today I have over 1300 books. Hi my name is Sue and I am a bookaholic (in all honesty I really didn't know if I was going to like reading on the Kindle I thought for sure I would miss holding a book.. NOPE..LOL ) 

Since I have had my Kindle my reading habits have changed.  I don't read as many as the same authors as I did I still will buy Stephen Kings book in hardback the day it is released, but also for my kindle. I have one clicked a lot of new authors for me and I have to say that I don't think  I would have bought them at the bookstore. I love that some authors give there books either free or very low priced to give us readers a chance to sample there work. There are a lot of series that I have become hooked on based on these authors kindness, and once I like an author I have to read all that they have written ( that is just the way I am ).

 I also belong a few street teams which I enjoy very much.  I enjoy telling people about new books that I am reading or have read. I  am friends with authors on facebook ( I know that they have so many "friends " that they don't know boo about me... however having them respond to something that I comment on is really great I know that if I was to meet them in person I would only be saying glub glub glub ).  I have been to a few virtual book release parties.. now those are fun...

and where else but on Facebook can I join in on a big brother party with fellow street team members ... Come on June 26th .... ( Tonya Kappes street team has a great  bunch of friendly members.. ) 
If anyone has any books suggestions for me.. would love to hear them...   :)

*********************************************


Remember my first annual SPRING BOOK FLING is coming up on Thursday on my STREET TEAM!! I'd love for you to join us.
Join the Street Team HERE!!

AND

Don't forget to pick up the newly released novel in the Magical Cures Mystery Series, A CHARMING WISH.
AMAZON
BARNES AND NOBLE

It soared to the bestsellers list in one day!! AND it's 9 FIVE STARS!!!

So. . .what books can you recommend for Sue Lopp??

4 comments:

  1. I love Laura Bradfords Amish Series as well as her Sewing Circle Mysteries written under Elizabeth Lynn Casey,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've not read anything by Laura. I did hear they were good!

      Delete
  2. I love Heather Webber's books (also her books written as Heather Blake). They are awesome (love the Wishcraft series, but also want more Lucy Valentine). I found Tonya through Heather's recommendations on Facebook. Also, I enjoy many of Heather's fellow "Cozy Chicks" authors. In particular, I love Leann Sweeney's Cats in Trouble mysteries, LL Bartlett's Jeff Resnick mysteries, and the new series by Ellery Adams (Charmed Pie Shop). And for a change of pace, Shelley Shepard Gray's Amish series are very good.

    Getting my Kindle, and following authors on Facebook, has really opened up my author base. I don't have nearly as many books as Sue, but I do have over 500, and probably 80% were free or discounted. The Kindle free or discounted books are a great way to get to sample new authors. Also, like Sue, once I find an author I like, I want to read all of their books, so that strategy does work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too, Lynda! I'm very fortunate to have Heather as a friend and critique partner :) I do read all the cozy chicks!!! And of course, Shelley Shepard Gray! She is also one of our critique partners :)

    ReplyDelete

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...