Pages

Multitasking

I've always prided myself in being a GREAT multitasker! Is that a word?? It is now...
Anyways, I raised four boys, married, two dogs, a sweet Kitty Kappes, held down two jobs and kept a house (which involves all the cleaning and cooking and laundry and taxi service). I really took pride when people would say "I don't know how you do it."

I just did it and I never thought twice about it.

Now that I'm a weeeeee-bit older and almost empty nest, down to two dogs and only one job (writing), the house hold work has really slowed down, I can tell you that I'm not great at multitasking and I think back to that woman I was and think "how in the heck did I do that?"

My current work situation is editing three books. I've never ever had to do that. I've always written one book and edited it before I started a new one. Those were the beginning days of writing. I'm not complaining that I've got work. I'm beyond grateful, but three different books, three different dead people and three different murderers. I was beginning to get them mixed up.

I had to come up with something. As y'all know, I'm a huge planner and to-do list maker. My lists have vastly changed. Now my to-do list has times and task. It looks something like this:
6 a.m.-business stuff (blog, social media, emails etc)
7:30 a.m.- get ready for jazzercise and feed dogs
8-10 a.m.- jazzercise, shower, walk dogs and get ready for the work day
10-11 a.m.- edit one chapter (print) and type it in.
11-12 p.m.- work on development Kenni Lowry #3 edits
12- 1 p.m.- work on edits Kenni Lowry #4
1-2 p.m.- lunch and watch Days of Our Lives (stop judging!)
2 - 3 p.m.- write 2k words on Killer Coffee #2
3-4 p.m.- read
4 p.m- Eddy and kiddo home stop working

I have to literally lay out my day in order to keep me on track. Good news....I have a two month break in the summer, though I'll still be writing!

What about you? Do you multitask?





2 comments:

  1. I used to, I don't as much any more, health issues slowed me down a lot. I do admit when I have a couple days off I tend to start a few projects around the house. I've been trying to get in the habit of writing lists, they definitely make things easier, I get frustrated when I mean to do something and forget all about it. The lists help unless I forget to put it on the list, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do get a lot more completed when I write it down. I don't beat myself up if I don't get everything checked off. I've even made two lists. One that is must do and one is just to do for the week. LESS STRESS :)

      Delete

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...