Pages

WHAT HAPPENED?

This week for baking class we had to bring a double layer cake that was already iced so we could go straight into decorating it.

I have a couple of friends who are taking the class with me. The instructor wants the icing to be stiff icing. Yep...there are levels to icing. <<<This is why I'm taking the class. Not that I'm going to teach my readers to make stiff icing but it might be something like this...

The thought of Carter being a murderer weighed heavily on my mind. With each turn  of the mixer, my mind swirled with possibilities that I might not be able to help my friend from himself from this one. I poured in another couple of teaspoons of water into the icing to thin it out a little bit. It was much to stiff to use on the vanilla bean cupcakes that Carter liked. I had to take the  perfect dessert to him....

Totally just made that up, but you get the idea....

One of my friends came over to to bake her cake and make our icing because we were going to use the same colors to design our cakes during class. She was in charge of the icing. There's a recipe we use...but our icing was still to thin for icing a double cake. She swore she used the recipe.

In the middle of the night it dawned on me...I bet she put in tablespoons of water instead of teaspoons. When I saw her at the class, I asked her about the teaspoon/tablespoon thing. I WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You can see the dark spots on my cake at the round and it's a little shiny....but it still turned out okay.

Have you ever added too much of this and  that to your cooking/baking?

2 comments:

  1. Not that I know of but must have because there were a couple of times when I made something that came out too runny or stiff, I double checked the recipe but couldn't figure out what I did wrong, I'm guessing that I read something wrong, although I did have an acquaintance give me a recipe once and the quantities didn't match up in my head, I called anther friend who had made it and the first friend had written it down wrong. Errors happen it's what you do with them that teaches you. I was proud of my youngest, she tried making a cake and screwed up the amount of water. She got frustrated, then threw it out and bought another mix to try again. I was glad that she didn't give up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to bake something for an English project way back in High School. I don't really even remember what I was making. Anyway, instead of 1/4 tsp of salt, I added a 1/4 CUP!!!! It was awful. I was so embarrassed. I kept telling people "It's horrible, you really don't have to eat it."

    ReplyDelete

ANSWERING A READER QUESTION

AMAZON COZY MYSTERY BOOK CLUB: https://amzn.to/35jiXar GOODREADS COZY MYSTERY AMAZON BOOK CLUB DISCUSSION: https://www.goodreads.com/topic...